Conversation #1 (a.k.a. Instructions for Staying Healthy)
A few weeks ago, Juliana started getting the sniffles and was concerned about catching a cold.
Juliana: Momma, can you tell me how to stay healthy?
Mom: Well, first off, you need to dri...
J: No... I need you to write down the 'structions.
M: The instructions?
J: Yes (pointing to some paper on the table).
M: Alright. (writing as I speak) First, you need to drink a lot of water.
Second, you need to get a lot of rest and sleep
Third, Listen to what your Mommy and Daddy say...
(Jonah walks through the room at this point)
Jonah (JT):... And Jonah! Listen to Jonah, too! And be Awesome!
J: And cool! Be cool and awesome!
So, to recap...
1) Drink a lot of water
2) Get a lot of rest and sleep
3) Listen to Mommy and Daddy (and Jonah)
4) Be cool and awesome
------------------------------------
Conversation #2
Juliana has a very active imagination and loves to pretend. One of her favorite things is to turn her bedroom into a restaurant where she stands on her bed and takes your order. Last week, she decided it would be "Juliana's McDonald's".
Juliana: Juliana's McDonald's Restaurant is now open! Who is my next customer?
Mom (walking into the room): Can I have an apple pie?
J: No, you need to eat something healthy first.
M: Hmm... you're right. I'll have a salad.
J: Okay, here you go. (louder) Who is my next customer?
Dad: (from other room) Hold on, I'm a little busy.
M: Daddy will have a Filet-o-Fish sandwich.
J: Sorry. All out.
M: (louder) Daddy! I tried ordering you a Filet-o-Fish, but they're all out.
D: Do you have any fried mackerel?
J: Yes, but only five. How many do you want?
D: I'll take all five.
J: No, just one each.
D: Well, if I can only have one, then I want anchovies on top.
J: Sorry, we are all out of anchovies.
D: Do you have any day-old shrimp?
J: Yep.
D: I'll have that, then.
What does your McDonald's serve? I bet it doesn't have fried mackerel and day-old shrimp.
No comments:
Post a Comment