I originally posted this as a note on my Facebook page on July 5th, as Blogger was inaccessible for me that morning and then forgot to move it over here.
So for all you readers who don't have a Facebook account (and you know who you are), another random conversation with Juliana:
----------------------------------------------------------
Today, on the way to Juliana's swim class, we had the following conversation in the car....
Juliana: I'm going to a different swim class today.
Me/Mom: you'll be going to the same class you went to last week.
J: But when I'm older, like when I'm 15, I'll get to take different classes.
M: That's right. If you are a strong swimmer, then maybe you can take diving classes or surfing classes...
J: or driving classes.
M: Yes, you might. (15.5 Yrs is the youngest in our state for getting a learner's permit)
J: And then I can get a truck.
M: You want a truck?
J: Well, I just want a big car. It will be pink.
M: A PINK truck?
J: Dark pink... with a little black.
M: DARK pink with a little black?
J: And a little white... and a plus sign.
M: A plus sign?
J: Yes, because I want people to know I am a doctor. And I'll have a hospital and an ambulance, too.
Apparently she wants to be the next Doogie Houser. Even if she doesn't know who that is.
So for all you readers who don't have a Facebook account (and you know who you are), another random conversation with Juliana:
----------------------------------------------------------
Today, on the way to Juliana's swim class, we had the following conversation in the car....
Juliana: I'm going to a different swim class today.
Me/Mom: you'll be going to the same class you went to last week.
J: But when I'm older, like when I'm 15, I'll get to take different classes.
M: That's right. If you are a strong swimmer, then maybe you can take diving classes or surfing classes...
J: or driving classes.
M: Yes, you might. (15.5 Yrs is the youngest in our state for getting a learner's permit)
J: And then I can get a truck.
M: You want a truck?
J: Well, I just want a big car. It will be pink.
M: A PINK truck?
J: Dark pink... with a little black.
M: DARK pink with a little black?
J: And a little white... and a plus sign.
M: A plus sign?
J: Yes, because I want people to know I am a doctor. And I'll have a hospital and an ambulance, too.
Apparently she wants to be the next Doogie Houser. Even if she doesn't know who that is.
No comments:
Post a Comment