Thursday, February 10, 2011

This little one cracks me up...

Some random bits of conversation with Juliana...

     (On the phone with Mitch, talking about playing soccer)
     Juliana: Yeah, running... that's my favorite exercise!

     (On the stairs as we are getting ready to go out)
     Juliana:  Mom, you look regular today.
     Me: Regular?
     Juliana: Yeah!  No glasses.  (I was wearing contacts that day)


Hmmm.... I just realized I might need to encourage her to say "yes" more instead of "yeah".

Now I would like to share with you one of Juliana's latest projects from school.

Some background: Her preschool has a different topic each month (one month was plants and leaves, last month was geography and travel).  This month the topic is the body and one of the projects last week was to lie down and have your outline traced and then the kids colored in their own outlines.

I'll show you the whole thing and then break down what Juliana told me about the project...


(Sorry.  Given the lighting in here today, this is the best overall picture I could take)



These are her toes 



The blue area is her stomach and the black area is her body


And now the best part of the drawing...


That odd shaped growth out of the top of her head was the ponytail that her hair was in at the beginning of the school day (it was out by the time I picked her up after school)


I thought the black suns on the head were her eyes, but she corrected me in stating that those were her eyebrows

The blue lines are her talking.  It seems that she realizes that she is a talker...  I asked her teacher about this and she said Juliana is a "great communicator"

No comments: