The baby is down for a nap and I decide to turn on the TV and watch something that wasn't animated, muppet and/or full of singing. Bonnie Hunt was on and telling about growing up and dealing with teen peer pressure. Apparently, her Mom prepared a little card that she gave the kids whenever they went out (and she made them memorize it):
Teen Creed
Don't let your parents down,They brought you up.
Be humble enough to obey, You may give orders someday.
Choose companions with care, You become what they are.
Guard your thoughts, What you think, you are.
Choose only a date Who would make a good mate.
Be master of your habits, Or they will master you.
Don't be a show off when you drive, Drive with safety and arrive.
Don't let the crowd pressure you, Stand for something-Or you'll fall for anything.
And to finish it off, would always tell them "Treat everyone with love and respect".
I think I'll have to print off some of these for the kids...
(Not that I think they are bad at any/all of these things, but it never hurts to have a reminder)
No comments:
Post a Comment