Monday, March 2, 2009

When life hands you lemons...

Juliana is turning into a little monkey. Climbing all over the place, getting into everything...

This morning, I set her down to rinse off a few dishes and get the dishwasher started. Next thing I know, she is running up to me and handing me a marker. And I'm thinking... "Didn't I put this on top of the bookshelf by the computer desk?" Glancing over at my desk, I notice that the top has been disturbed ... as if a little person climbed on top of the desk.

With a raised eyebrow, I look at Juliana and the marker in my hand. Wait! Where is the lid? Then I notice the ink on her hands.... and the ink on her pajamas. So I clean off her hands as best as I can and start looking for the marker lid. And then I notice...

the ink on the sofa cushions.


(*sigh*) What you see above is the throw pillow with most of the "art" on it. The mountain range silhouette you see below is on the seat cushion. Maybe she's just practicing her signature to become a doctor one day. At least the cushion covers are removable and can be washed.

And then I noticed something else. 95% of the ink that she managed to scribble onto herself seems to be on the palm of her left hand.

Looks like our little girl will be right-handed.

2 comments:

Scott said...

oh man! good luck getting that out :)

ScrapBox Organization & Storage said...

Ahhhhh, those were the days.