Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Delivering

For the past few weeks/months, I've been promising you some pictures. And I knew if I were patient, Jessica would give me a moment when she would acquiesce to having her picture taken.

So without further ado....

(trumpet fanfare)

These are Jessica's glasses. Kind of retro, but with a pattern on the front that reminds me a little of carbon fiber. Also, please note the new hair color and cut. Remember how I posted that she and Richard made up? Well... that lasted for all of 18 hours. She colored her hair black late last week and after the recent (and final) breakup, she went to the hair salon and got a new face-framing cut. (It was all one length before) I think it's much cuter in person than in this picture, but the single tone dye job doesn't reflect the light of the flash very well.

And while I had the camera out, I took some close-up pictures of the sun hat I made for Juliana. I tried to get a picture of her modeling it, but she would have none of it today. First off, the sun wasn't out. And second, she's just getting over a cold and is a bit short on patience.

Here's the front of the hat. It's been through 4 or 5 washings already, so the shape isn't quite as crisp as it was initially.


And here's the underside/lining. It was all neat and formed in the beginning, I promise... it was the washings and the fact that I didn't work on reshaping it right after the most recent wash. (Or any of the washings, for that matter. Shh! Don't tell! ...Oh wait...)


To finish this post on a completely random note...

As a testament to the strange weather we've been having lately... We thought we were done with the freezing temperatures from the holiday storms....

This picture was taken on February 9th on our deck.


She just loves being outdoors. It doesn't matter if it's hot, cold, wet, dark or icy... if she's outside, she's happy. She even ran out on the deck barefoot into the snow in December before we could stop her. She was squealing and laughing the whole time until we caught her and brought her back in. Crazy girl.

1 comment:

ScrapBox Organization & Storage said...

WOW! Jessica is so beautiful! That was not how I was picturing her AT ALL! (Not that I was picturing anything hideous . . .) She's gorgeous!

Second, DARLING hat! You are very clever--cute fabrics too. I always try to use some leftover ugly thing at least for the lining inside. But your inside is just as beautiful as the outside. I started making an apron today. I'll keep you posted.