Sunday, February 15, 2009

1981 Time capsule

While I was down in San Diego, Pau-Pau and I came across these two pieces of paper in a pile of photos. Correspondence between my brother and I from a Christmas back in 1981:


I'd tell you how old we were, but then you could figure out our ages. :P
If you have kids you might be able to guess from the handwriting. I was still printing and he was already writing in cursive.

Oh... and the whole bit about him calling me "Iby". That was because our Grandma couldn't pronounce V's (no phonetic equivalent in the Chinese language), so it always came out "I-Be" whenever she would try to pronounce it. Normally, she would just call me by my chinese name.

2 comments:

ScrapBox Organization & Storage said...

Very sweet.

SLKBoy said...

I'm still waiting on the money Iby. :P Sadly I don't remember writing this, so I'm going to say it's a forgery...unless it gets me money. ;)