So I was just thinking that I've been doing this blogging thing for a while now, but only now realized that it's been a year since my first post. (Ok... technically a year and a few days - having a cold and taking care of a baby that has a cold, too, can be a bit of a distraction) It doesn't seem like that long ago. But I'm still in denial that my baby is officially a toddler.
She's even reached a milestone this past week. We've started the early stages of potty-trainung, I'm sorry if this out-of-the-blue comment on bodily functions makes some of you a little squeamish. But I promise I will NOT post any pictures of this. Okay? Okay. For the past few weeks, she's been trying to squirm out of her diaper the instant they get a little wet, so I decided to bring out the trainer seat and before every diaper change, I'll sit her on the seat for a minute. And lo and behold! She actually used it. While I don't expect miracles of being done with diapers in the next few weeks, I'm hopeful that we just might be done with diapers before her 2nd birthday.
Some people prescribe to the "let them run around naked" philosophy to training, my conservative Asian upbringing hesitates at this.... and the fact that we have two cats (one elderly), I don't want to give them any ideas of relieving themselves anywhere. For now I'll just follow the cues she's giving me and we'll see how it goes.
In teen drama news, Jessica broke up with her boyfriend the day before Valentine's Day, felt ostracized by their mutual friends the following morning when news went out, had a heart-to-heart talk with him on Valentine's Day and made up with him that day... or evening.... I'm not exactly sure. We still haven't gotten the full details from her as to the reconciliation. But then again, I don't think we were given the full details as to why she broke it off with him. It's all kind of unfolding like those teen shows like Gossip Girl and Degrassi. For those of you with young girls... this is something for you to look forward to.
Now, I don't want you to think that this is something that Jessica did on a whim or took very lightly. From what she did tell us, she had some valid concerns and reasons for ending it, so I'm sure the reconciliation has some valid reasons behind it, too. It's not my place to share the reasons we do know... so don't ask me. It IS my place to document life in this household. And something that affects how much time she spends at home qualifies.
I think things like this are why my parents never let me date in High School (outside of school dances). But my parents must have been worn down by the time my sister was a senior in high school, though, since she got herself a boyfriend when I was off in college.
So.... back to the original topic. One year of blogging and I'm still at it. Who knew I had it in me to even make it this far... I should figure out some way to celebrate. Any suggestions?
1 comment:
I'm with you on the no running around naked thing. I wish you much luck. I hate potty training.
I think you should celebrate by making risotto. That's good stuff.
Post a Comment