For example:
This picture told me that my daughter was having a fun time at her Sahm-Yi's place.

But as I looked at it further, it told me: "Why didn't you brush her hair out?" To which I replied, "But I DID!" Her hair has this ability to become an unruly mess within minutes of being combed or brushed. And don't get me started on the wrinkled shirt. I blame the car seat.
Now this picture tells me about her curiosity of her first cake. As you can see, I went with a country-style cake (torte?), which really was more of an oversized shortcake.
But as I stared at it more, I think that the red-eye fix makes her look a little cartoon-y. Or maybe a little alien-like. Creepy.Ok... enough of the analyzing. This was a happy day that I really don't want to spoil with thoughts of creepy eyes.
If you recall from my post last week, various items were laid out for the baby to peruse and the idea is that the item she first reaches for will hint at what her future career will be.
Here's the birthday girl surveying her domain. Juliana, I hope you enjoyed your time standing on Sahm-Yi's table, because it's probably the first and last time that it will ever happen.
"HI!" (I think that's her favorite word right now.)
As everyone seemed to expect from a child of Derek's and mine, she immediately goes for the nearest electronic gadget.
Ok... there really wasn't any sort of game in the Gameboy at the time. And she totally ignored the loose money and jewelry on the table. (She picked up the piggy bank, though, with great effort) She also picked up the camera at one point, though. And a sewing kit. I don't know what to tell you.
Mostly, her favorite thing to do that day was to run around the curtains and make a big display of popping out the other side. I don't think she realized that the curtains were a little transparent and that we could see her the whole time.
We won't tell her, if you don't.


2 comments:
i guess that techi stuff is genetic. hopefully our kids will get at least some of that from scott. my side of the family is tech. challanged.
looks like a great party. our girls are growing so fast! are you guys going to be in san diego over christmas?
now you've done it . . . a pikachu. Next she'll have a GPS keychain.
Post a Comment