What a week.
For the last few years, Jessica has been told that she needs to get glasses. Jessica doesn't WANT glasses. Glasses are for bookish people like librarians, according to her. She wants contacts. Colored contacts, to be specific. Funky bright green or violet contacts, so that she can make a statement.
Last week, there was no school on Friday (Teacher Training Day), so I scheduled her for a long overdue eye appointment. While she didn't get colored contacts, she did get a pair of soft contacts and she also got a pair of glasses as a backup. The reason for no colored contacts is that she has inherited her father's astigmatism and apparently that is the reason for a lot of her headaches recently. Hopefully the corrective lenses will help alleviate that problem. She didn't get the glasses right away, since they are being sent out to have the lenses made, but they should be ready late this week/early next week. I won't even attempt to describe them to you and will let you be surprised by the photo (oh yes, I am taking a photo - muahahahaha!).
No comments:
Post a Comment