Maybe it's my age, or maybe it's the baby, or maybe it's everything all at once. I can't believe the baby is 1 year old already. And that it's already been over two weeks since my last post. I bet you all are really curious about what's happened to keep us so busy. Right?
First off, Juliana had her first birthday party. It was just immediate family for some afternoon snacks and some cake. And, no, we did not slap down a slice of cake in front of her and let her make a mess of it. Two reasons for this: 1) we were at her Sahm-Yi's place and that would not have gone over well at all. 2) Neither Daddy nor I are big on cleaning up after the sugary mess and the inevitable discoveries of where icing can hide in the nooks and crevices of a baby. (not to mention having to handle the ensuing sugar high). I have some pictures on my camera that still need to be uploaded/downloaded (I always forget which direction is which). My cousin Wes has some pictures on his camera of us with the baby and her cake. I ended up making something more along the lines of a torte than a cake. Maybe more like a cake interpretation of a strawberry shortcake? You'll see what I mean ... I promise I'll post some pictures as soon as I can.
If you recall, Pau-Pau is in town and we did some running around with her to gather things for some flower arranging. She was asked to help out with making some arrangements for a friend's reunion last week, so we had to get flowers, containers and other supplies. I just realized I forgot to take some pictures of the arrangements...dangit!
Also, in the last couple of weeks, I finally had my eyes rechecked (last time I did that was a year before the pregnancy started). Amazingly, my eyesight has improved since the last time. I'm not sure how much of it is due to the pregnancy and how much is from not staring at a computer all day at work. (Now I only stare at the computer for 1/3 of the day, if that). I even got some new frames. Yes, I'll post a picture after I take one... and transfer it to the computer.
I've also been working on sewing a Halloween costume for Juliana. She's going to be a ladybug for Halloween. The body of the costume is done, but I still need to make the wings and the headpiece/antennae. I'm skipping the footed jumpsuit that the pattern calls for. Since she's not actually going trick-or-treating outside, I think it'll be too warm (the body of the costume is lined with fleece). So I got a lightweight long-sleeved onesie to go under it and have some black stockings for her as well.
After the root canal at the beginning of this month, Derek got fitted for a crown in the middle of the month and is getting the permanent one set this morning. Hopefully this is the last visit to the dentist for him until his next checkup. I think he said it's going to be a gold crown.... he wanted the blinged out smile (it's the second to the back molar on his upper left).
Speaking of molars, Juliana's first molar came in and the other three are poking through already. It was about half way in when she had her 12 month checkup two weeks ago. Her overall growth has slowed down a little. Where she was in in the 75th+ percentiles for most of her first year, she is back down to the 50th percentile for height and weight (similar to her percentiles at birth). The only difference is that her head circumference is now in the 93rd percentile. (!!!) Between my father's larger than average head and what my husband refers to as his family's "legacy", I guess she was bound to have a larger than average head, too. I suppose it has to be to contain such a large intellect. Yes, I know you think it's maternal pride, but I really believe that she's super smart and others have commented on it, too. Yes, Juliana... We want you to be a rich, successful (and happy) business woman/entrepeneur/whatever-you-want-to-be so that you can support your Daddy and Mommy in their old age. But that's coming up very quickly, so get cracking!
Speaking of smart, Jessica has started another term of school and so far is getting 95% A's on her assignments. I think she still wants to do the online school eventually, but wants to wait until the end of this term so that she can build up a good base of (boy)friends first.
Okay... that's all I have time for right now. I promise it won't be two weeks before my next post and there will be pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment