Sunday, March 23, 2008

Food, Water, Teeth and... Hacking?

One week into the solid foods, and things are progressing rather well. She's still only eating rice cereal, but I think we'll be feeding her oatmeal for the next week. The pediatrician recommends that we keep her on grains for the first couple of weeks to make sure that Juliana's not having any problems getting the food through her system... specifically constipation. Did I just say that? Oh dear... I can just hear my sister now: "Ewwww, Ivy's talking about gross bodily functions on the internet!" So as to not dwell on this topic too long, I'll just say "So far, so good. 'Nuff said".

Since she's not going to be introduced to any fun colorful foods like sweet peas or carrots for another week or so, I didn't want to make you wait that long without any pictures of food on her face. I thought I would post some pictures of Juliana enjoying some of her first experiences with food.

"Do I have stuff on my face?"

"This stuff is GREAT!" (Hire me for commercials)

In addition to table foods, we've started to introduce her to sippy cups. She gets the hang of it, when she is reclined, as you can see:

"You say you call this 'water'?"

But when I tried to give it to her when she was upright....
"This looks familiar. I think I know what I have to do."

"I put my mouth on this part, but it's not working."

I'm sure she'll get the hang of it soon enough.

One of Juliana's latest hobbies is to sit at the computer and bang away on the keyboard. Now, originally it was on the multiple user login screen, and she just played on the keyboard while I was chatting on the phone. I looked away from the screen for a second and when I looked back, this is what I saw.


"Isn't this my login screen? I know my name starts with J and ends with an A"


Close, dear, but that's your sister's account. Wait, what? You knew all along that it was your sister's account? 'Leet Hackzor skillz?' What?!? Hmmm... I can see we are going to have to sit down and talk about respecting other people's privacy, young lady.

Ok, so I've covered the Food, Water and Hacking portions of the post. You would think that the "Teeth" portion would pertain to Juliana, too, what with the whole teething bit, but (alas) no. Some time last week, I developed some sensitivity on my lower back left molar (tooth #19 for those of you in the know). As it turns out there is a crack going over the outside rear cusp and now I have to get a crown. This will be taking place on Tuesday afternoon, and right now, I'm just glad I don't have to have a root canal. But it's kind of ironic... for the time being, both Juliana and I are restricted to soft foods that aren't too hot or too cold.

At least I get a broader range of foods to select from.

1 comment:

Shae said...

Juliana is growing like crazy. I was shocked to see the pictures of her standing up all by herself already. You are smart to take it slow on the solid foods considering all the allergies the family has. I love reading your posts and looking at the pictures. It gives me a good feel for all the good stuff going on in your lives.