Saturday, March 15, 2008

Six months already?

As of today, Juliana is 6 months old! Can you believe it? I can't... it doesn't feel like 6 months since I gave birth... 6 months since I stopped working... 6 months since my world got turned upside down... 6 months since I last had a full night's sleep. Oh, you get the idea. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I just adore this little girl.

So to celebrate, we introduced Juliana to her first bit of solid food. We sat her in the high chair and fed her some rice cereal. Alright, it's nothing too exciting, but all the things I've been reading on the internet say to hold off on a bunch of different foods if there is a high chance of allergic reactions. Which there could be, since she does have a bad case of eczema. So no foods like corn yet, no eggs, no nuts (of course), etcetera, until her digestive system is more mature. I would have taken a picture of all the food being pushed out of her mouth, but the stuff looked so much like spit-up, that it just wouldn't have been a pleasant picture. She actually found the stuff interesting and leaned forward with an open mouth as soon as I picked up her spoon. And when I would stop to take a bite of my own dinner, she fussed to be fed some more. Like I've said before, I think we have a little girl who enjoys her food.

I promise I'll take a picture of her first vegetable foodstuff... something along the lines of carrots, peas or sweet potatoes. Any of those should provide a colorful portrait. (Ha ha... get it? Ok, I can sense your groans across the internet, but this is what happens when you don't get a full night's sleep in half a year)

No comments: