Saturday, April 28, 2012

Busy busy busy

I can't believe it has been so long since I last posted  That it has taken me so long to re-find my voice.

What have we been up to? So very much.

In a nutshell, Jonah's schoolwork has been up and down all year (as well as his grades).  Most of it has to do with learning to get along with different personality types (specifically his teachers), but it is a life lesson that he needs to learn if he is going to be successful at any job.  Overall his grades are showing improvement, so we will keep plugging along to bring them even higher, especially since he says he wants to attend college after high school.

Juliana's chugging along in pre-K and recently finished her Kindergarten early admittance testing and received acceptance to the local school district for this fall (her 5th birthday falls two weeks after the automatic enrollment cutoff for our state).

We have a busy summer coming up and have been trying to prepare for that.  It's going to be a full house for most of the summer with both boys here (Mitch visiting and Jonah's staying here for most of the summer for the driver's ed course through the school district).

I've been getting the crafting bug again and have spent time this past winter making amigurumi ornaments as christmas gifts and knitting scarves and sewing dresses and purses.

I forgot to take pictures of the ornaments and scarves before I gave them away, but I got the inspiration and pattern for the ornaments from this website: http://allaboutami.tumblr.com/post/13968569776/teddyornamentspattern

I'm still working on the final embellishment for the dress I've made for Juliana for our upcoming vacation, so will post a picture of that when it is done.

I just finished this little clutch purse (instructions are from here, but i added one larger pocket and a shorter split pocket inside for cards/phone/makeup/whatever):




And now you're all caught up with us! (more or less) :D

No comments: