I don't know how it is with you, but since Juliana was born, Derek and I have had very little time for going out and watching movies together. Sure, we've been to a handful of movies over the last year... but only one (maybe 2) with each other alone. With the release of Avatar, we decided to make some time to go to watch it in 3D on the IMAX screen.
Thankfully, Sahm-Yi was willing to make (as far as I know) her first foray into babysitting with Juliana and I kept my fingers crossed that everything would go well. Well our date was this past Sunday and D and I caught a matinee showing at the Seattle Center and Juliana was dropped off at Sahm-Yi's home with a few toys, books and snacks.
While the plot of the movie was rather predictable, the telling of the story with its cinematography and integration of live action with computer graphics was impressive. My only gripe about sitting through a 2-1/2 hour 3D movie was that I had a neck ache and a slight headache from having to keep my head very upright throughout the movie. Wearing those glasses in the theater, any slight tilt of the head makes the image blurry and so I found I had to sit with as little shifting around as possible. I never quite realized how much I tend to lean against Derek when we watch movies.
Juliana had a great time playing with Sahm-Yi (and Kou-Fu, who stopped by to visit with them). From all reports, they went to the playground at the mall, ate lunch at Nordstrom and played with her various toys at the house. She didn't cry once, but asked where Mommy & Daddy were a couple of times.
Hey, Sahm Yi... are you free next year to watch Juliana for our next date? :-P
2 comments:
I hope you're bringing her when we go out for dinner next week. :)
Of course we will! She's even getting better with her table manners! ha ha
Post a Comment