Wednesday, November 26, 2008

That busy time of year

The holidays are always so busy, and this year just seems busier. (Hence my lack of posts lately). Still on that sewing kick, I've been working on making some Christmas gifts for some people this year, but I can't mention who or what, since they actually visit this blog from time to time.

Jessica's spending as much time as possible with her beau (Richard). I think I've seen her a total of 5 hours last week. Ok... maybe it was 6. But I saw her for most of the day yesterday. She wasn't feeling well, so stayed home from school. Now, the rule around here is that if you're too sick to go to work/school, then you're too sick to go out or to have any company over. So... no school = no visiting with the boyfriend. Richard tried pleading with me over the phone, but I refused to give in. (I'm such an evil step-mother!) Jessica had an even more spectacular time at home since
1) the baby was in a rather fussy mood most of the day.
2) Richard's cell phone service cut off his texting ability. (Although it was supposed to be fixed late last night)
3) Jessica treasures her privacy and hates talking on the phone anywhere she thinks someone who knows her might have an inkling of a chance at overhearing anything she says (apparently, she doesn't care what complete strangers hear).

All this together made communications with the boyfriend rather stressful. She didn't seem to appreciate my comment of "You should have thought of all this, before you decided to get sick this morning". Don't kids today have any sense of humor?

But she's off to school again today, which means she'll be spending the afternoon with Richard before he goes to work tonight.

Today, I get to make a dessert for tomorrow's Thanksgiving dinner with my sister and our cousin. I'm thinking something a little non-traditional, but we'll have to see. It all depends on what is in the fridge/pantry. Now that the baby's down for her nap, I'm off to check and get started. Wish me luck! :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are a mean and evil step mother!! (hee hee) I love your rule, I'm goignt ot remember that one for later use.

Have fun with your family. Hopefully we can all get together some time.

ScrapBox Organization & Storage said...

I'm right there with you. I'm a mean and evil mother. They'll thank us one day, right?