After not dressing the baby up last year (I was too tired and still recovering from delivery and all around shock at being a new Mom), I decided that I was going to dress her up this year. Not only was I dressing her up, but I was going to MAKE her costume. Yeah, I know... I don't know what came over me. But I figured, that she may be the only baby I raise (Derek's still in disbelief at being a dad of FOUR kids) and I need to practice those sewing skills my Mom paid good money for me to learn... at the age of 10. At least I think I was 10. Maybe my mind has muddled a bit over the years, but I swear I was in the 5th grade when I took those classes.
But I digress. Where was I? Oh yes, halloween costume. So, this year, which may be the last year that I pick her costume, I've decided to dress her up as a ladybug. And we got to give it a try this past weekend. Once a quarter, the couples from our childbirth prep class get together to see each other and see how the babies have grown. This time, it was a combination "1st birthday/Halloween celebration" for the kids.
Here are a few pictures of the kids in their various costumes:
Is it just me, or did I dress Juliana in the wrong outfit? The others eat bugs...
Here's a shot of all the kids who made it to the reunion/Halloween/birthday party. Sophia was dressed up as a ladybug, as well. Now only one of the three bug-eating predators will go hungry :POh, and please ignore the fact that Juliana's pants aren't on. She was getting rather warm in her costume, and wanted to take it off. So in order to get her to keep the costume on a little longer for the group picture, I had to remove the pants. Note to self: give Juliana lessons in lady-like sitting positions when she's a little older.
On Wednesday, Derek's office had a Halloween party for the kids. She wore the costume the whole time and even acquiesced to wearing the antenna headpiece for a while, as well.
Jessica and her new boyfriend, Richard, tagged along, but didn't dress up. Have I not mentioned Richard? As of about two weeks ago, they've been going out. Nice, polite boy. Tall. (6' 5") And for all the complaining that Derek did (that she doesn't go out enough, her previous boyfriends weren't really boyfriends, etc), this one adores and dotes on Jessica. It makes him a little sad, and I think it scares him a little, too, if you ask me. Something about not being the only guy in his daughter's life any more.
And don't think I've forgotten about taking a picture of Jessica in her glasses. She doesn't want me taking her picture without her hair and makeup done, and she's mostly been wearing the glasses when she's lounging around. But I will get a picture. Oh yes, I will. one day.... soon.
Ah well. it's late and I need to get some sleep. Oh, since this costume thing has sent me on a sewing kick lately... Next post: recycling! (huh?)

No comments:
Post a Comment