So Jessica flew back yesterday after spending a month in Utah with her mom. On the way home, Jessica was feeding the baby some Cheerios in the car. After a while, Juliana would take the food, but instead of eating it, she would shove it into Jessica's mouth while saying "om nom nom nom". Cracked me up. I was laughing so hard I was having some difficulty driving straight (luckily not too much and there wasn't a lot of traffic around at the time anyways).
For those of you who don't know, "Om nom nom nom" is used a lot on (american) websites to denote eating sounds. I think it's onomotopaea for the mouthing parents do when they first start feeding their kids table foods. If you've watched the Incredibles lately, picture the scene where Elasti-Girl is feeding Jack-Jack and Dash says "you're making those faces again, Mom". Now speed up the faces she's making, add some vocalization and you get what sort of sounds like "om nom nom nom".
Anyhow, sometimes Derek and I will make that noise when feeding Juliana, and apparently she's picked up on this. It was so hilarious to see/hear her doing this while feeding her big sister.
3 comments:
Hey, those are the sounds I make when eating too.
Have your kids started making these noises, too?
Oh hey. On a secondary note. This morning, Juliana and Jessica were playing on the floor together. I held down a handful of snacks in front of Juliana and said "Om nom nom nom". She immediately grabbed a handful and shoved it into Jessica's face! Ha ha ha!
Post a Comment