With the older kids away for the school year, activities have been focused around the little one around here. For the past year, Juliana had been attending gym classes for preschoolers where she would do things like this:
and this:
and this:
However, with the start of the school year, she has been attending preschool four half-days a week with an hour of dance class on the fifth day.
So excited on her first day of school!
For dance class, she does some tap, some ballet and some gym activities... If her joy of dancing continues/deepens, we'll see about signing her up for full-on dancing classes.
The tap portion of the class:
(yes, I forgot to pull her hair back the first day, because I only had a hair clip and no hairbands that day)
And stomping those feet:
Her "freestyle" dance solo (the day's theme was Backwards day, so they were encouraged to walk/march/step backwards as much as possible):
We were going to sign her up for after school swim lessons, but she is so tuckered out after school that it didn't seem right. Maybe when she is more used to school and has more energy in the afternoons we can look into that. Although next summer, I'm rather inclined to sign her up for the Little Goose soccer program (non-competitive soccer for pre-schoolers), because she just loves to run so much.
For those of you with kids, what activities did yours do when they were this age?






2 comments:
Swimming is a MUST! Start her young so she won't be afraid of the water. And I like to try to do lessons in the winter since they aren't as crowded as summer time.
She started a little bit of swimming this past summer (parent/child class more for getting comfortable in the water) and loved it. Good thinking with the off-season classes. I'll have to see what hours the classes are between now and summer.
Post a Comment