Just a quick story to hold all of you over while I work on a post about our trip to Oregon at the end of February.
When Juliana gets tired, she can get a little grumpy or contradictive. A few times, in an attempt to coax her to bed, I've mentioned "I think it's time to take a nap. You're getting a little grumpy and that tells me you're getting tired." and then something along the lines of "You will feel much happier when you wake up and have much more energy for playing". Sometime in the last month, Juliana has figured out in her head that grumpy = tired and happy = awake.
This afternoon, I tried to get her to take a nap (not mentioning grumpy or anything... just "it's nap time!") and escort her to her bedroom. While getting her settled on her bed, she's throwing every excuse to get out of bed:
"I'm hungry!"
You just finished a big lunch not 10 minutes ago.
"I'm thirsty!"
Your water cup is right there next to your bed
"I need to potty!"
We just came from the bathroom where you just went potty
As I leave the room, closing the door behind me, Juliana erupts into tears and wails at (close to) the top of her lungs:
"No nap! I'M HAPPY!!!! HAPPY!!!" (sobs)
You can't blame her reasoning... but her delivery needs work.
1 comment:
I love laughing at sleepy kids. It makes them more mad and whiny, but it sure is funny!
Post a Comment