Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

Everyone told me that when you have kids, your activity goes up. Even though I've seen friends go through this, it seems so much more overwhelming when you go through it yourself. When they're infants, everyone wants to see and coo over the baby. As a toddler, you're chasing after them and thinking up/signing up for any and all activities that will channel their energies towards something:

a) positive
b) productive
c) that will keep them quiet while you clean/cook/rest
d) that will tire them out so that they're too exhausted to do much more than want to go to sleep
e) will achieve any combination (preferably all) of the above

You would think that after the boys returned to Utah, things would slow down with only one munchkin in the house. Well, not appreciably so. Juliana's curiosity and monkey-factor have increased exponentially.

Example: Just last week, I found her trying to climb the shelves of our pantry to get to her snacks or the candy. I caught her standing on the lowest shelf, so things aren't out of hand (yet) and we can hopefully nip this in the bud.

In addition Pau-Pau has made her annual autumn trek to Washington and arrived 10 days after the boys left. She has spent the majority of the visit staying with Sahm-Yi, but is spending this current week with us up north.

Since her arrival, we've celebrated a few birthdays--- most notably Juliana's 2nd birthday, the 10th anniversary of my 29th birthday, Pau-Pau's (xx)th birthday, and Jessica's 18th birthday (from afar - she's still down in Utah). Pictures will be forthcoming... I just uploaded all the photos from the last month, but need to filter through them and reformat them to fit a smaller file size (for you browsers who may have slower connections).

Oh! Big cause for celebration... Juliana has been diaper-free for 2 weeks now (so we have officially met the 2nd birthday expectations from early this year). Although liberating, it feels so strange not having to buy diapers any more after worrying about supplies for the past two years. Now we deal with the cries of "Potty, Momma, POTTY!" after driving 2 miles from home. And it doesn't seem to matter if she went to the bathroom just before stepping out of the house or not.

I'll get those pictures up as soon as I can, but didn't want you to think I'd forgotten about you.

1 comment:

jaymie said...

Happy Birthdays all around! I can't wait for the pictures.

You know, we just carry a little potty in our car for about 6 months after we start potty training. It seems nasty but it is just SO handy.