Thursday, December 11, 2008

What does this mean?

Lately, Juliana has been grabbing for any pen, pencil, marker or other "object of impalement" (you have to say this with a louder almost panicked tone) that she can. This morning, while she was sitting on my lap at the computer, she reached for my pencil. (it's woodless and the tip was very dull, but I was watching her the whole time). Since she was rather calm, instead of taking the pencil away, I grabbed a piece of scratch paper (8.5"x11" rejects from the printer) and plopped it down in front of her. She started to move the paper out of her way, so I held on to her hand and did a squiggle on the paper.

With that she was off. During the time it took Derek to take his morning shower and get dressed, our little Picasso created two masterpieces.

Can you spot my starter squiggle?

Here it is:


So before the page became completely coated in lead on the half she was working on, I took the paper away and stuck a new one in front of her.

This was when Daddy came out from the bedroom all groomed and spiffed up for work. So I took the papers and pencil away from Juliana and we showed Daddy her artwork. And in case you are wondering where the wrinkles came from... She then grabbed the papers and excitedly waved them about the air and rubbed them against her stomach. (We've noticed that she rubs her tummy when she's rather satisfied with something that she's done. Not all the time, but quite a lot.) So there you go.

Now, does anyone know what she's trying to draw here? I couldn't understand the words she was trying to say while she was pointing at various parts of the pictures. Maybe one of you who have had kids already can interpret. I'm still honing those skills.

5 comments:

SLKBoy said...

I'd say the first one is of salmon swimming up stream in mid jump. Still analyzing the second one. But thats just my interpretation.

ScrapBox Organization & Storage said...

I'm pretty sure it means "My daddy pushed his cousin off the couch at Disneyland and gave her a bloody nose."

Ivy said...

Did he really do that, Dara?

jaymie said...

i love watching the first time little guys get to draw. she did some pretty involved work. are you guys going to s.d. for the holidays?

Ivy said...

Nah... too expensive to fly the family down. We can't even fly the boys up here like we wanted. But Juliana and I may be down there for Chinese New Year.