Saturday, April 5, 2008

Sassy = code word for short

I finally did it. After wearing my hair long for over a decade, it's above shoulder length again. Derek says he's now lost the woman he married. First with the birth of the baby and now with the shorter hair style. Before, when I would get a haircut (trim), I'd call Derek when it was done and he'd ask "so, how's your hair?" "Sassy," I'd reply. To which the response would always be, "Nooooooo! Sassy is code word for short!"

Now, when I say it's sassy, I really mean it. Let's take a look at how differently it looks.

Here's the before shot:


Such long, shiny hair. It reached just about to my mid-back. Jessica and Juliana accompanied me to the salon. Derek stayed home to have some private time to mourn the loss of the hair. (sort of, but not really)

A little more than a half hour later, this is the result: (if it's a little blurry, click on the image and it shows up a bit clearer)


Just over 10 inches off and my hair's bouncin' and behavin'. Oh, and it seems that the excess hair metamorphed into a little baby. What magic! I would have donated the hair to Locks of Love, but since it's been highlighted (and therefore bleached a little), they won't accept it. Ah, well.

So now I'm ready for the summer and am waiting for the weather to catch up.

(P.S., After I got home, it took about 10 minutes before Derek would stop frowning and actually admitted that the hairstyle is cute. )

No comments: